about communication between SLC500 and computer(coded by delphi)

jungswoo

1. There are SLC500 and computer, communicate using RSlinx, ethernet. test program is coded by delphi, C SDK. several days ago computer's hard disk was defected so replaced new hard disk, installed again RSlinx, copied test program. But there comes out error message 'PLC commnucation initailize failure. I need information about configure RSlinx.

2. If I use DDE, can delphi communicate with SLC500 through RSLinx? I heard program should be changed to visual basic.

please help me.

Since no one else seems to know, I will try.

jungswoo,

About question 1:

maybe your problem is as simple to solve as setting up the ethernet driver in RSLinx.
In RSLinx select Communications ... Configure Drivers .
At Available Driver Types pick Ethernet devices and click Add New... Use the Help text if in doubt, or post again here.

That said, maybe your problem is more complicated than that, but it is not easy to know on the data you provide.
- Are you not the person who setup the original application ?
- Where does that error message appear ?
- Which Rockwell licenses do you have on the PC ?
- Do the application use the RSLinx C SDK interface, or DDE, or ... ?