HW configuration...

jillgeorge18

Hello,I'm using TIA Portal V13 and my CPU is 313C-2DP,in my project I need 3*DI 64x24VDC sinking/souring_1,2*DO 32x24VDC/0.5A_1,1*DO 8x24VDC/0.5A_1 and 3*AI 8x16BIT_1.In my HW configuration,i can add only 8 modules in rack 0.For this i would like to add an interface module in slot 4.In my project PLC provided with Profibus communication facility so i chose IM 151-3.But I couldn't drag it into slot 4.Why its???then how I can interface with the rack 1 from rack 0....Please help me.....

The IM151-3 is an ET200 distrubuted I/O header - you connect the CPU to the header via Profibus.
In the h/w confg you have to enable the Profibus network on the CPU then you drag and drop the IM151 onto the Profibus network.

Last edited:
The IM151-3 is an ET200 distrubuted I/O header - you connect the CPU to the header via Profibus.
In the h/w confg you have to enable the Profibus network on the CPU then you drag and drop the IM151 onto the Profibus network.
Thank you for your reply...My question is I didn't need a slave(ET 200S). Can I use the same CPU(CPU 313C-2 DP)?? then what's the difference between IM 151-3 and IM 365??🤾🤾🤾🤾

What stage is the project at? can you change the hardware or has it already been designed and bought?

I always use a CPU on it's own with the I/O distrubuted.