Comms help

Hello all
I have an A1S plc using an RS232 comms module, I am new to plc programming and I think I may have killed the plc. I have managed to download the existing program from the plc into Medoc but when I tried to download a program to the plc after the download had completed I had no comms, I have tried various things to get it going but no luck. I think I have messed the memory and need to set addresses mem locations etc again, how can this be done and what program can I use for initial setup? Medoc/GX cant establish communication. Is it Dooomed? Can anyone help.

Hello, when you say rs 232 comms module do you mean an SC-09 programing lead?

I know there are different ways of connecting to a mitsi plc ie with a sc-09 lead or through a hmi in transparent mode.

If you are using a different method it sounds like you have missed out the the part of the code that sets up your comms.

However I'm not sure why anyone would do this when the sc-09 lead or going through a hmi work without any settings.

If you are connecting through a hmi check to see if you have the "transparent mode" ticked.

Hope this helps.

Andy from North Wales.

Hello Andy
Im using Rs232 comms module A1SJ71C24-R2 connected to a laptop using melsec medoc 2.41 via the serial port. I think that I do need to send some instruction to the plc to get it going again but im not shure what or how. All LED's on the module are off,indicating that it probably is not recognised by the cpu. All wiring is ok and I have tried various switch settings on the comms module. Im wondering if I would be able to use something like hyperterminal to download the data? I dont have the required manuals and I have had difficulty downloading them from various mitsubushi servers accros the world, the american site doesnt seem to be available here for some reason.
I am New to plc programming and am doing it for interest. I also need to read the special data registers D9000-D9255 (error codes) but as I cant communicate im stuck. I have removed the battery over night to preform a 'cold start' but there was no difference-still stuck. Any help on initial setting up of cpu/comms appreciated.

To be quite honest I'm not sure, it seems very unusal to connect to the plc in this manner, my answer is really to get hold of an SC-09 programing lead which you can get off ebay.

Sorry i can't help you more.

It probably is possible to connect like this because you could connect reomtely using a modem.
Maybe you could try putting the origional program back in.
Some of the other guys are sure to be able to help.