1769-OW16 Output Contacts Sealed Internally?

Grendizer

Hey all,

On my output card, I have out-0 and out-1 sealed internally. I don't have any command telling those outputs to go on. I even forced them off.

The question is, if they are sealed, why did they get seal? And how to unseal them?

Thanks,

They are on and the led on the outputs are off. Also off in the memory table.

There is voltage across but nothing is telling the outputs to be on.

Grendizer,

All relay contact outputs have a lifespan.
You most likely have one of the following issues:
1. The contacts has met their lifecycle and the contact mechanism has broke
and has caused the contact to be on.
2. you have an inductive load and have no surge arrestor to suppress the backfeed and has caused the contacts to weld.
3. your load surge current is causing the contacts to weld together when the contacts try to make / break.

regards,
james

Basically your IO module is ruined and the only thing you can do is to throw it in the garbage and buy a new one. (or swap your wires and code to the next 2 good available outputs on the card)

These cards can become permanently damaged if they are hooked up to devices that they do not work well with or the wiring does not have certain card protection features in place.

One reason I have always hated in-rack relay output modules.
You are much better off in the long run to just use a 24VDC Sourcing solid state output module, and then drive relays with that.

Using compact multi-relay modules saves on space, and still allows the relay element to be easily (and inexpensively) swapped out if it fails.

Also, make sure to have snubbers across the contacts for all inductive loads!