Backplane Data Transfer Speed of CompactLogix 1769 Series?

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know what the data transfer rate for this series of CompactLogix PLC's? 1769-L24ER-QB1B to be exact.

Cheers.

For embedded modules across backplane, I/O is serviced by the RPI rates set in the configuration. Minimum for each module is 1ms. However, it depends on number of modules and whether there are any specialty modules. As the number of modules increases, you have to increase the RPI or you may fault with overruns. Rockwells guideline is 2ms for 1 to 2 digital modules, 4ms for 3 to 4 digital, and 8ms for 5 to 6 digital. Analog and specialty add 20ms per module.

Similar Topics

Hey guys, I'm hoping for some help here. Normally my machines are small enough that one L62 can handle the load with average cycle times around...
Replies
Views
I noticed something that’s mostly just a curiosity. Maybe someone here knows. An IT system is reading a L82 with the on-board IP and 1,0 added...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I can't add any modules to the Controllogix backplane and it doesn't matter online or offline. Both is not working. Please see the...
Replies
Views
Good Evening, I've spent most of the evening working on adding a 1768-ENBT card to connect a machine to our enterprise network. The card is...
Replies
Views
Anyone ever vinyl wrap a backplane, and is it acceptable to do so? We are building a panel for 15 VFD's, and thought about using a vinyl wrap to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom