842e Encoder...

JohnnyQuanex

Lifetime Supporting Member
How do I plant / or what instruction do I use in my ladder logic to display my encoder value for comparison instructions on my Studio 5000 program I'm building?

This is a footage counter program for a cut to length process I'm working on...

I'm fairly novice with PLC's and really need some help... đź“š

You need to put the encoder in the Ethernet/IP I/O network. Then you need to find out which of the input words contains the position value. then you need to scale counts to distance.

Keith

In your ethernet Comms tree, add it as you would any I/O module or drive. The tags will be added to your project automatically. I believe the count value you're looking for will be <what you named the encoder>.Value or .Count or something like that. It's pretty straightforward.