1756 LSP Error

ckaffer85

Lifetime Supporting Member
While trying to install the firmware using ControlFlash v11.x on a L61S processor to version 19.11, I received a timeout error and now the 1756 LSP has a steady red light next to ok. Is there a way to reset this module?

Last edited:
When you are flashing and there is an interruption (Screen Saver, Cord gets unplugged, etc.) , it will render the unit with a non recoverable error.
The best bet is to return to Rockwell. The chips need to be replaced on the unit.

Regards,

I once had a com failure, pc slipped while in truck downloading thru ethernet and plug came out. Luckily I reflashed and it worked. If not see above post.

try everything you can before sending in, remove battery, I do not recall where to short out for memory loss.

Thanks for the reply! After spending about 2 hours on the phone with tech support, they suggested we return the module for a replacement. This seems to be an issue, has Rockwell changed this at all with new builds?

Last edited:
The L7 series of processors can be recovered, but only after the first block of data has been written. You can cycle power to the unit and flash again.

Regards,

Hi All,

I need to revive this thread for another question about this device. Do you need to flash the partner the same time you flash the main processor? I have received the replacement modules from Rockwell and received the same error as before.

Last edited:
Hi All,

So after attempting a firmware update to v19.011 the L61s is no longer visible in RSLinx. I did receive an error and I do not know if the firmware was successfully installed.