1756-L62S 1756-LSP Firmware Compatibility

rootboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,

We have a LSP whose battery will not keep the program backed up and needs to be replaced. The new LSP is FW Rev 16.20, while the L62S is 16.07. According to our partner in the other building, the two won't work together without being at the same rev level.

I'm of the opinion that we should just flash the L62S up to 16.20 (or the current version on the Rockwell site of 16.22) and go with that.

Our partner's concern is that he will have compatibility issues with the remaining devices in the rack (DeviceNet, ENET), but I don't think so.

So, the questions are:

Does he really have to flash these to the same rev level?

And, if so, would you expect any issues with going from 16.07 to 16.22?

Thanks!

Are you changing the LSP ?

Have you tried a new battery ? ... and I mean a PROPER Allen-Bradley battery, not a cheaper substitute....

If it is a faulty LSP, and you have to change it, why not flash it to 16.07 to match the processor, that would be the safest thing to do, since you absolutely know that the L62S is happy at 16.07...

Last edited:
Are you changing the LSP ?

Have you tried a new battery ? ... and I mean a PROPER Allen-Bradley battery, not a cheaper substitute....

Unless we have purchased conterfit ones, I can only assume that they are the real deal. And we have plenty of fresh batteries, so that's not the issue.

If it is a faulty LSP, and you have to change it, why not flash it to 16.07 to match the processor, that would be the safest thing to do, since you absolutely know that the L62S is happy at 16.07...

I'll have to get in contact with him to find out what he ended up doing.

Around here we assume that it is no longer a problem if you don't bring it to our attention on a daily basis. :)

I agree with you that 16.07 should be okay. But Rockwell doesn't seem to offer it up on their site.

Thanks for the reply! :)