PLC Updates

Cruise13

I'm not sure if it's appropriate here, so here goes...I was reading my e-mail and surprise, I read about the ModBus updates. The sad part was that it was only part 3. I checked my mailbox trying to find the first two parts (I'm assuming Mr. Phil Melore counts from 1 :).), but I can't seem to find them...can anybody help me? I'm obsessing over it I know, but I need closure :) please, can somebody point to me where I can find the other two parts. It's just that I really like the way Mr. Melore delivers the information...Thanks in advance.

If the problem is that you only get one email when there are more than one post in a thread that you are subscribed to, then I cant really see the problem. Just read on within the same thread.
I have had this too, but I think it is an advantage that you only get one email. Its probably meant to be that way.

If this is not the problem, then I have no clue as to what you mean.

I can't find them either. I always thought that the back issues of Phil's newsletter would be here on the website somewhere. A listing of the newletters would be nice or maybe when a series is complete he could add them to the tutorial page.

This is from the footer of the most recent e-mail.
===========================================
Subscribing and Unsubscribing
You are receiving this information in response to your request on the
PLCS.net website. If you are receiving this in error, or if you wish
to be removed from the e-mail list please visit our website and
unsubscribe using the subscribe/unsubscribe tool on the left side.
http://www.plcs.net

If this email was forwarded to you and you wish to subscribe to this
FREE service, please visit PLCS.net and use our newsletter subscribe
tool on the left side.
http://www.plcs.net

==================================================

Phil's newsletter

Hi,

It's from the 'official' PLCS.net - PLC Programming Tips Email Updates I write.

I'd be happy to email you another copy... and anybody else who wants a copy.
Just send me an email at [email protected] and I'll get you a copy this weekend.

Anybody else who has emailed me a request for back issues... I'll send them this weekend. Sorry for the delay , I'm a little behind in processing the requests for back issues (but as they say, it's better to be a 'little behind' than a 'big a**' )

For those who don't know, I offer FREE PLC Programming Tips via email. I publish them about every 3 weeks. (sometimes 2 weeks, sometimes 4 weeks) You can join the list (FREE, of course) if you wish from here:
http://www.plcs.net/exit.htm
Unsubscribe anytime, no spam, etc.

Recent issues included a 3 part tutorial on Ethernet, a 3 part DeviceNet review, and currently I'm writing a 3 part profibus series.

Sorry again for the delay in getting it to you.

Enjoy,

Learn PLC Programming...

Last edited by Phil Melore on April 30th, 2004 at 12:01 AM

I had no idea there was a newsletter - however I did a search and came up with the above.
I'm going to assume that the above link is still good.
Wasn't there just a thread talking about using the search utility? :D

Thanks,
I am now a registered newsletter recipient.

Like it says, goto http://www.plcs.net and look in the left side of the window.

edit: It doesnt say there but the newsletter should include "useful PLC Programming Tips, Tricks, and
Techniques". Golly.

Sorry man

Sorry I don't deal that much with Modbus. But if you want them I have the news letters on Device net 1-3 and profibus 1. I try to keep them all but I don't allways get them moved before our IT Nazis clean out our mail boxes.

Cruise13 said:
...snip .... please, can somebody point to me where I can find the other two parts....

Hi,
I just emailed them to you.

At present there is no archive... but it's probably a good idea.

For reference, I just wrapped up a 3 part series on Modbus last week and will be moving onto ControlNet. Suggestions for future issues are always welcome.

As another post noted, sign up from one of the side page links or just click here :
Unsubscribe anytime, no spam, no cost, etc.

If anybody else is looking for a previous issue, send me an email at
[email protected]

Enjoy,

Well... after a little investigation and a "disabling" of the pop-up blocker, the form to sign up is the pop-up you get when navigating away from plcs.net.

I guess every once in a while there is a pop-up worth looking at.

You learn something new every day...

I don't know if anyone will read this, but if you do please please please I too would really appreciate a copy of Phil's profibus PLC update e-mails. There was another thread from boxhead asking for the update e-mails, but only the last of the profibus e-mails made it.