Easy 512 AC-R help Please

NZJohn

Hello there from New Zealand.

Needing help with the above named relay which is running my remote septic plant.

Can only program directly to relay and want to set up a timer to run a pump for ON 1 minute OFF for 10 minutes.

This pump sequence is started by a float switch A, there is a float switch B which when switched I would like the relay to ignore the timer and pump until float B switches off again.

Many thanks in advance.

John
Tutukaka NZ

Last edited:
I've not worked with the relay before but im assuming its similar to basic ladder logic. Found an instruction file from google, pretty useful http://controlparts.com/klockner.moeller/easy.programming/

From the looks of things you may need to split onto multiple lines, but i would have:

Code:
FloatSwitchA            Timer1         Timer2                           Pump OP
-----|  |----------------| / |----------| / |----------------------------(  )
                |
  Pump OP       |
-----|  |--------

Where:
-Timer 1 is Timer On delay & triggered by the pump output.
-Timer 2 is Timer Off Delay & trigger by Timer1 being complete

As for FloatSwitchB, branch around the whole lot with the checking if the input is true to enable the output. Once the input goes off so will the pump.
Edit: It maybe worth sticking in a contact to the timer branch of the code if FlowSwitchB is true it wont run. Just thinking that if the flow switch goes false the timer may still run on even after that.

Give that a crack, any questions or follow ups on it just shout.
Ash

Last edited:
John,
Below is a link to the Easy Relay programming manual.
Look in Section 4.10, you want the On-Delayed, Off-Delayed two setpoint type for Switch A operation. Use the timer output to turn on the pump output.
Use Switch B in parallel with the timer output to run the pump continuously until Switch B turns off.

http://www.eaton.com/ecm/idcplg?Idc...veAs=0&Rendition=Primary&dDocName=MN05013003E

Hope this will help.

Thanks for the assistance people, I'm one of those really annoying guys that just has to do stuff himself. Doesn't help I live in the wops and getting anyone out to provide support costs an arm n leg.

I'm a relatively competent hands on person and think the task in question is simple, float switch says liquid level high - Run pump, Rest, Run pump, rest etc... Until float says liquid level OK.

I have looked at the online manual in "gtsuport" post and following the example 4.10.6.3 T3 which to me appears to Run the pump for 20S then rest 10S but even using that exact example, the relay Runs pump at 10S and...........nothing else pump continues to Run.

Help!! Things are backing up!

Cheers
John
Tutukaka

John,
I will test the other program, been a while since I have programmed an Easy.
I did test the attached program and this should work.
You will need to adjust the time values of the timers.
On time is set for 5 seconds, off time for 10 seconds for testing.
Hope this solves your problem.

PLCnet_20160326.jpg

Tested the other program and now understand the on/off delay timer.
Sorry for the confusion.

The documentation for the Easy relay is not as clear as it might be.

Second program will work.