KEP server & Cimplicity

rejoe.koshy

Hey guys,
I am entrusted with the job of reviving an old data logging system which has been dysfunctional for a few years.I have discovered a couple of softwares installed on the system & would like to clearly understand the role of the software.
1.KEP SERVER
2.CIMPLICITY

Pls help me in understanding the utility of the softwares & their role in data logging.

Pls help!

1.KEP SERVER
Kepware is a piece of software that simply lets your computer read/write data to a PLC. Providing you have the correct drivers installed & tags set up. Pretty useful software that ive used many times with different drivers (Link)

2.CIMPLICITY
Ive never used cimplicity, but after searching for it on google it appears to be SCADA/HMI Software. Im guessing this is used around your site?

Pls help me in understanding the utility of the softwares & their role in data logging.
Ive made an assumptions here that you're SCADA/HMI software is already using Kepware as a means of communication to read/write data to the PLC.

If you wanted to log data from a plc, look for an option in the SCADA software to enable data logging. This will probably need a file name, file location, frequency to log data, tags to log etc...

Hopefully someone else who has used the software maybe some help there but that the basis in majority of the software packages i have used.

Ash

Hey guys,
I am entrusted with the job of reviving an old data logging system which has been dysfunctional for a few years.I have discovered a couple of softwares installed on the system & would like to clearly understand the role of the software.
1.KEP SERVER
2.CIMPLICITY

Pls help!
For technical information on Cimplicity go here: https://ge-ip.force.com/communities/CC_Knowledge?orderby=-lastPublishedDate&product=CIMPLICITY__c

For KEP Ware try this: https://www.kepware.com/support/technical-support/

Most likely Cimplicity is doing the logging and is doing an OPC Connection to Kepserver to get the data from the PLC's. Hopefully the version of KEPServer that is running there is not so old that it cannot be serviced any longer. I noticed post with a link to the Kepware Website. If you follow that you can get a support ticket started. Support will be able to help you figure out why it is not working.