motion database

Glad your issue was resolved. One of the benefits of the forum structure though is a record of issues and resolutions for future users.

What was your problem, and solution, if you don't mind me asking?

the issue was that my motion database in studio 5000 v21 seemed to be missing or blank. I was trying to tune a servo on a machine that was down with management on me to get it up now when I realized or found this issue. After a lot of searching and some tech connect help I found an article in the tech connect database that addressed this issue and similar issues. Some how the motion database .dmb file got deleted from my program files. The Rockwell service rep I spoke with told me that this happens sometimes? Not sure how but they have seen it and it sometimes happens when certain versions are installed in a certain order. The problem with this file missing was whenever I opened my axis the motor, encoder, amplifier and some other data was missing and there was nothing to select in the drop down menu. This left the axis faulted with the description "axis not configured". I had to download the file and copy and paste it into the program files and this solved the issue.