RSL5 to RSL500

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
This is probably a dumb question but I have to ask. Is there a way to save a program in RSL5, that can be opened in RSL500?

Nope. The controllers use fundamentally different operating systems and the configuration/hardware information in the files wouldn't make sense to the other program.

However, you can actually copy/paste rungs directly between the RSLogix 5 and 500 because the instruction set and RLL editor formats are so similar.

Similar Topics

I have an annoying problem that has been going on with my home desktop for a few months, and just today is now happening on my main laptop, but...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am STILL working on this PLC5 to CLX conversion clean-up. I noticed on one of the PID loops, they have Output Limiting set to "yes"...
Replies
Views
Hello all. After performing an PLC5 to CLX conversion (second time), all went well. On the surface, it appears that my PID's converted kinda sorta...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would like to know if there is a formula or a way of determining what the bit file from an RSL5 will become in RSL5000? For example: I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I recently converted a control system from PLC-5 to ControLogix and have a question please. My discrete IO converted kind of weird and I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom