WallClockTime - GSV Operand 3: Invalid data type. Argument must match parameter type.

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I know it has been a lot of discussion about the Wall Clock in ControlLogix.
I have been looking at the sample program, and trying to piece it together so I can learn how it works. I copied everything from the GSV sample , TestDateTime tag with a Data Type , DateTime_Type with Year,Month,Day,Hour,Minute,Second,Microsecond.

When I do a verify I get ........
Error: Rung 1, GSV . Operand 3 : Invalid data type. Argument must match parameter data type .

What do I have wrong ? It looks like everything is matched up.

Thanks so much.

So the WallClock needs to be stored as 7 DINTs. You can do that one of two way.

1. Create an array that has seven DINTs. On the GSV select the first element in the array DINT_NAME[0]. That is the starting location for the seven values to be stored.

2. Create a User-Defined Data Type (UDT) that consists of seven DINT members. The advantage here is that you can have meaningful names such as PLC_Clock.Year instead of PLC_Clock[0]. Same thing applies. When you specify the destination, specify the first member of the UDT which would be the year.

OG

Last edited:
...and the official version...

38546 - Missing reference to array element error
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

My Wall Clock as been working great , until now. My Year , Month , Day , Minute , Second , and Microsecond is good , but my Hour is way off. The controller time is correct 4/12/2016 8:35:26 AM , but my hour is 13 coming from the MOV TestDateTime.Hour.
( I have the GSV .
Class Name - WallClockTime
Instance Name -
Attribute Name - DateTime
Dest - TestDateTime.Year
2016 ( Result )

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

U.T.C. - There was a change at RSLogix 5000 V16...

If Local Date and Time is desired from the processor then you should set the Attribute Name for the GSV instruction to "LocalDateTime" instead of "DateTime".

This is because any v16 or higher RSLogix 5000 projects that have a GSV/SSV using the Attribute Name "DateTime" will reflect this time difference as the "DateTime" Attribute now reflects Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).

(It used not)

That particular acronym had always bugged me...

If it is "Coordinated Universal Time" then why is its acronym not "CUT"?

It bugged me so much so that I looked it up before and had found this astonishing information!...

Why is it Called UTC – not CUT?

Who would believe it, a compromise between the English and the French?!

Regards,
George