Need help! 525 vfd parameter 12

Raulthinks

Hello, first time posting. But I've been lurking on here for a while. I'm wondering what would cause parameter 12 not to change. Parameter 46 and 48 are both at network opt. That should change the parameter at 12 to 44. It's currently stuck on 11.

The vfd will hold the parameters if it's not connected to device net.
The current plan is to install it as a new bucket with a new node and word. But we have to wait for the building to be down.

Thank you in advance

Welcome to the forum!

At a guess, I'd say you mean Display Parameter b012, and Program parameters P046 and P048, am I right?

From the manual, on page 64:
Active source of the Start Command and Frequency Command. Normally defined by the settings of P046, P048, P050 [Start Source x] and P047, P049, P051 [Speed Referencex]. See Start and Speed Reference Control on page 39 for more information.

Check all of those parameters, and for that matter all of the other related parameters:
Related Parameter(s): P046, P047, P048, P049, P050, P051, t062, t063, t065-t068, L180-L187, A410-A425

If you can explain in more detail what the purpose of the exercise is, you may also get some more detailed suggestions about a different approach or which piece of the puzzle you may be missing.

Powerflex 525?

I'm not following you, I looked up parameter 12 in the Poweflex 525 manual and it is "control source". a 4 bit parameter I think you are referring to b012? I think you are correct 044 would be start source = network option and speed ref = network option. Do you have the 25-COMM-D DeviceNet option module installed?

I think you have parameters set differently. Parameter b012 showing 011 would be - Start source comes from Keypad and Frequency source comes from Drive Pot. The parameters 46 and 48 you list are start source 1 and start source 2. I think you need p046 start source 1, and p047 speed ref 1.

I can check my notes at work tomorrow, I upgraded some old 160 drives to the 525 on DeviceNet.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the vagueness in my question. I was typing like I was taking to a coworker who was used to my slang. You are correct. The parameters was the display parameter b012. The program parameters 46 and 48 have no effect on display parameter b012 while connected to devicenet using the 25 comm-d card. When the drive is disconnected from devicenet it holds the parameters normally.