Wonderware User Changes Password and WindowViewer Stops

A pump station is running Wonderware System Platform 2012 R2. Security is through active directory. When a user logs in and changes their password an error pops up "Operator Error" and Windowviewer shutsdown. When it is relaunched it works fine.

Has anyone run into this before?

What does the logger show you when the event happens?

Depending on the size of your AD, you may need to optimize the "Configurable intervals" in the security config.

Wonderware has top notch tech support. They can walk you through and/or tell you if you need any hotfixes. But all in all sounds to me like a bug. The logger is your friend, and even the windows logger may clue you in as well if its security related.

Similar Topics

Hi, I'm designing an HMI using the Wonderware Archestra IDE (2017) and I'm trying to figure out the best way to use a user input to pass a value...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I would like to log an activity of several buttons, value changes etc. to a txt file. Writing to a txt is not an issue but I am not sure...
Replies
Views
I have generally not been required to implement security in InTouch applications, so if there has ever been a need, then have used the InTouch...
Replies
Views
I am using Wonderware InTouch 8.1 Is there a way to get a list of existing User Groups in and populate a combo box with it? There is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a question about Wonderware SP 2012. Want to log all the user access on the machine, but don't know if it's a Historian process...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom