RSLogix 5000 Function Block Wiring

garm83

Hello. I'm a constant visitor to this forum but this is my first post. I searched previous threads but didn't find anything related to my question so I thought I'd just make a post.

Is there a way to control the way to format the wiring between function blocks manually? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way these wires update when adding a new connection or block to the sheet and often times results in crossed wires and an overall ugly look. I know that this has no effect on the program itself but does tickle my OCD more than a bit.

I'm inclined to say that there is no way to control how these wires update themselves, but if any of you have found any methods to minimize the magnitude of the update I would definitely be interested in hearing them. Thanks!

Just wanted to edit to say that this applies to RSLogix 5000 versions 21-28.

Last edited:
Some Advice I can give having recently started using this feature myself. You may know alot of this already but I dont want to make assumptions.
1. Build your chart virtically. The connections go nuts if you try alot of horisontal construction.
2. When connecting to the occasional horisontal branched block try altering the height of blocks you are trying to connect to. Sometimes you get wierd results but if you just raise or lower the block which is horisontal to the one you are trying to connect and re connect the line it will connect properly.

I have used them for a couple of months now and I dont see any rhyme or reason to why they choose the paths they do. But with a little fiddeling I can usually make them behave.
Hope this helped.