.med to .apa AND 32bit to 64bit

esp400

I am in the process of backing up 3 RAC6182 HMI's. I'm having some issues connecting to them to copy the .mer files. I wanted copies in case I had to drop these into a replacement unit down the road. I started searching the laptop I use (new to this job) and I found the .med files that go with these HMI's. A little asking around and found out that the machine manufacturer sent them to the guy who held my position before I did as one of the RAC6182's had died. The laptop I have is 64bit running Windows 7. I have access to an older 32bit laptop running XP which prob has RSView on it. When I try to import the .med to Factorytalk View Studio(version 7) it wants me to first convert the tag database as it was made with legacy software. I'm unsure on the best way to approach this. Use the old 32bit computer to create .apa? and then move to new computer and do I then convert from legacy? Or just import and convert tag database and run on new laptop? Just not familiar enough with the foreseeable pitfalls. Does anyone have any recommendation? My assumption would be to just convert the tag database and run on the newer laptop and if needed I would convert to .mer and drop it in. Will this adversely affect the runtime software on the RAC6182 if I go to drop in a runtime file created in 64bit environment? Thanks!