Red Lion Productivity Station Help

Tim Ganz

I am trying to setup a Red Lion productivity station and have a couple issues.

1. I can't seem to connect to the unit using the USB programming port on top. It shows up in my device manager like it needs a driver and in the manual it mentions pointing it to c:\programs\redlion\drivers and in there are 3 different choices in 32 and 64 bit but none seem to work? Anyone know the answer?

2. I have a transparent .png file (company logo) that we want on every screen but I don't see a way to import a custom graphic?

3.is there away to add the transparent .png as a global object and have it appear in the same location on each display screen without adding them one by one?

1. I can't seem to connect to the unit using the USB programming port on top. It shows up in my device manager like it needs a driver and in the manual it mentions pointing it to c:\programs\redlion\drivers and in there are 3 different choices in 32 and 64 bit but none seem to work? Anyone know the answer?

Windows 7 and higher do not support USB connection to the Red Lion anymore. You'll need to connect via serial port or ethernet.

2. I have a transparent .png file (company logo) that we want on every screen but I don't see a way to import a custom graphic?

I don't know if the transparency will work as I have not tried that, but to insert your image, you select 'Animated Image' from the Core Primitive tab. Then you open the image 'block' properties and browse for your desired image.

3.is there away to add the transparent .png as a global object and have it appear in the same location on each display screen without adding them one by one?

You will need to create a screen with the image. Then from all your other screens, under screen properties, select your image screen as the Master Slide.

AMS2750

I don't have the serial cable. Is there a default IP address for Ethernet? If there is I did not see it?

Why don't they have the usb port working with Windows 7?

I don't have the serial cable. Is there a default IP address for Ethernet? If there is I did not see it?

Why don't they have the usb port working with Windows 7?

I haven't used the Productivity Station, but you can definitely use USB with Windows 7 (and 8 and 10) with most Redlion equipment. However, there are issues with the G315 and the built in USB hubs in many modern PCs and Laptops. It has to do with the chipset in the G315, but it doesn't affect the G310s or DSP equipment.

I would contact Redlion for support to get USB working - their support is very good.