Tell the version of an APA

zacslade

Hi guys,

I have an old FTView SE APA, and I don't know what version it was made in. Is there any way to find out by testing the APA itself?

Thanks!

I do not know how from the .sed file. Do you have an archive of the project?

What happens is when you compile a project, a file called VERSION_INFORMATION is included with it. The value in that file tells what version it was saved as. So I only have a way to determine from an archive (MER or APA).

That program is a little outdated. There are newer versions of FactoryTalk, so it will only report up to V8 and probably say "Unknown" beyond that version. We still use V8 so I don't have examples of what that VERSION_INFORMATION file will contain.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I need some local help to upload the Crimson program from a G310 Red Lion HMI. It cannot be easier than that. The thing is (for reasons...
Replies
Views
Hello: Working on a program that needs to read some data from other Rockwell PLCs. Every second my program sends "CIP Data Table Read" command and...
Replies
Views
I found these two software dongles in an old desk occupied by one of our automation guys. The black one looks like an Indusoft dongle but it...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I know with Rockwell stuff, the series card is important, cant' just swap a series A input card with a serB, even if the catalog...
Replies
Views
You can always tell when a hurricane is brewing.... the skies in the south are blue, I do miss the blue skies of the west coast, in the south once...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom