Free Help Offered

ais

I hope it's ok to post this...
This is an offer not a request i.e. I will help you.

Why? I want to build real world experience.

My background is electrical, so I am no stranger to controls. I used to design MCC's (motor control centres) for centralized air-con systems (relay logic).

I also have experience programming - PHP, MySQL, Arduino embedded software etc.

I have done commissioning using Control Logix, but not written the programs myself.

Recently I started learning to program using Codesys (because its free) and have done some test programs and visualizations. I have advanced to the point where I use my RPi as a PLC.

A while back I also taught myself Crimson (because its free) - Red Lion's HMI.

My laptop is Window 7 Professional, so the free AB and Siemens PLC software doesn't run on it :(

I am looking to build experience by helping someone with real world projects.

Anybody interested?

I think the trial version of TIA portal does run on win7 professional. I've got it running on a win7 professional virtual machine right now.

I would try installing it again, to download you will need to request an export license though, can take a few days to get the email. But it is free.

Installing it on a virtual machine does have its advantages though especially when switching laptops since you won't need to reinstall everything again. You can just move the virtual machine over. Can save you like 5 hours of work reinstalling.