WonderWare Indusoft

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am just starting to learn Indusoft and I was wondering if I am using a Controllogix with dual 1756-ENBT cards with one connecting to my enterprise network and the other communicating with my processor, Can I use the indusoft software to connect to the controller through the 1756-ENBT on the enterprise network and retrieve tag data?

In general, Indusoft's ABCIP driver can communicate with a ControlLogix over Ethernet in any slot of the chassis that contains a 1756-ENxx EtherNet/IP module.

It cannot, to my knowledge, bridge across the chassis to a second Ethernet network and then to another chassis. RSLinx Classic can do this, so IWS can use RSLinx Classic as a data provider if that network route is necessary. And IWS can bridge to a DH+ or ControlNet network.

Such a network route across a 1756 backplane is the question that some Forum members, including me, originally thought you were asking in last week's long thread about VLANs and network bridging. I still don't think you are asking about Ethernet -> 1756 -> Ethernet -> 1756.

The details of the configuration and capabilities of the Indusoft driver are in the ABCIP.pdf document in the drivers folder. You can find it in a path similar to this:

C:\Program Files\InduSoft Web Studio v7.1\Drv

Yes, I have gone through that pdf extensively and realized what I was needing. Having one 1756-ENBT and one 1756-ENET cards will allow me to use the indusoft software. I have configured my 1756-ENBT with my enterprise network address and my 1756-ENET with my local address used for communication between the controller, drives, n-tron switches etc.

Thank you for all the help you folks have provided...