Vm30 Pep Modular Computer

Did you really search ? Use your favorite internet browser... !

PEP Modular Computer is a german manufacturer of industrial systems (CPU, I/O, networking, storage units...) available on several standard platforms (VME, PCI, compact PCI...). They make part now of the Kontron group for a few years.

The VM30 you're talking about is a rackable CPU board, based on 68020/68881 processors, in 3U VME design. It's a quite old version,
but really interesting for all automation projects. Can be run with various multi-tasking real-time OS (OS-9 usually provided in basic cases). To be compared to actual VM42 and VM62 (up to 68060 processor) or other single-board VSBC units.

PLC-like projects can be written with IEC61131-3 platform-independent softwares (IsaGraf is a good one for example, but many others exist, depending on your kind of project).

Regards

Did you really search ? Use your favorite internet browser... !

PEP Modular Computer is a german manufacturer of industrial systems (CPU, I/O, networking, storage units...) available on several standard platforms (VME, PCI, compact PCI...). They make part now of the Kontron group for a few years.

The VM30 you're talking about is a rackable CPU board, based on 68020/68881 processors, in 3U VME design. It's a quite old version,
but really interesting for all automation projects. Can be run with various multi-tasking real-time OS (OS-9 usually provided in basic cases). To be compared to actual VM42 and VM62 (up to 68060 processor) or other single-board VSBC units.

PLC-like projects can be written with IEC61131-3 platform-independent softwares (IsaGraf is a good one for example, but many others exist, depending on your kind of project).

Regards
Hi Laurent,

Do you know where I could get a few spare VM30 cards.
We are trying to extend the life of our existing VME system, which has PEP modular computers VM30 CPU Part# 544-001 (VM 30 – CPU for VME bus, 68EC030 25 MHZ CPU, 256K SRAM), which is no longer available as per Kontron AG (owner of PEP).
Thanks Jeremy