Question about Beckhoff servo drive Ax5201

mhismail

Hi guys ,

I have beckhoff servo drive ax5201 & servo motor am8012 .
i am using twincat 3 . I scanned the devises and everything is connected to my pc very well but i have one problem i will summarize it as follows :

(1) In twincat : i can see the drive and the motor in "I/o devices" so there is no problem in reading the devices.

(2) I have a permanent error "fd10" which is defined in the diagnostic manual as "peripheral voltage too high" ,now here is the data :

Ax5201 : supply voltage from 100 to 480 (3 phase)
motor am8012 : supply voltage is 230 volt (3 phase)

i can guess the problem to be in one of two places :

(a) In Twincat when i configure the motor it requires the power setting so which setting should i use , the 230 volt of the motor OR the 480 of the drive ?? btw , i connected the drive to 380 volt ac and choosed the power setting of the motor (230 volt ) ...may be this is why i get the error !!

(b) In hardware wiring , should i supply the servo drive with 380 which is within the range of the datasheet or should i supply it with the motor voltage which is 230 ?? btw , if i would use induction motor , the drive (inverter) would be supplied with 380 volt and yet will supply the motor with it needs which is 230 volt , Do servo drives acts like inverters in this problem ?

Thank you in advance