RIO Replacement

With AB announcing their end-of-life for Remote I/O, I'm curious if anyone knows any third-party replacements for this protocol. I would like to add a new drive to the remote IO network, but I can no longer get 20-comm-r from AB. Upgrading to CompactLogix or ControlLogix may be out of the question.

But maybe it is actually time to do the switch-over to something else ?
Of course, this will be a bigger (maybe much bigger) job than just getting a single module to make a small expansion, but you will have to look for the long term. If you stay with RIO, what about spare parts ?

Upgrading to CompactLogix or ControlLogix may be out of the question.
Because of cost ? If your plant is down for several days, because you have to scramble for some hard to find discontinued parts, how much will that cost ?

But how is that going to work with a PLC-5?

How is what going to work with a PLC 5?

If you mean my Prosoft suggestion it's designed specifically to work with a PLC 5.

The Ethernet /IP side of the bridge connects to the new 700 or 750 series drive and the RIO side connects to the RIO network and once the mapping is done to the PLC 5 the new Powerflex drive looks just like the 1305 drive the OP has now and the PLC program does not have to change unless they were using block transfers for extended data in which case those will change to message instructions.

OK. I was thinking that the Ethernet/IP was on the PLC5 end. So this takes RIO comms and transfers them to Ethernet/IP.