Mp277 screen gonw white

jithesh

Two days back an MP277 touch panel in one our control posts went white blank. When the problem was first observed there were coloured vertical lines in the screen. On power resetting the screen went white. There is one common DP/MPI/PPI RS422/485 port with a DIP switch to which the profibus connector was connected. Then there two USB ports and a LAN port. We had transferred the program via LAN one year back. I would appreciate help in this matter.

Thanks in advance,
Jithesh

It sounds like your MP277 needs repair/replacement.

Is your PLC an S7-300/400 PLC? If so, you could temporarily get control of the machine by:

- disconnecting the MP277 from the Profibus network
- connecting a computer with WinCC flexible installed to the PLC with your PC Adapter or CP5711 adapter
- Start RT (runtime) from within WinCC flexible

Make sure in Set PG/PC interface that the Profibus address is the same as the MP277 before connecting.

It sounds like your MP277 needs repair/replacement.

Is your PLC an S7-300/400 PLC? If so, you could temporarily get control of the machine by:

- disconnecting the MP277 from the Profibus network
- connecting a computer with WinCC flexible installed to the PLC with your PC Adapter or CP5711 adapter
- Start RT (runtime) from within WinCC flexible

Make sure in Set PG/PC interface that the Profibus address is the same as the MP277 before connecting.

We are using an S7-400 PLC. Originally we were using a TP270 10" touch panel. Last year its screen went white all of a sudden. It was programmed with PROTOOL.
So when we replaced it with MP277 touch panel the program in protool was converted in WinCC flexible in another computer.
Our PLC pg unit has only protool installed in it and it is not possible to install winCC in the PG unit since its OS is Windows XP sp2. WinCC flexible will run only in OS from XP sp3 onwards.