Siemens MP277 and Comfort Screen Losing Passwords

Blue Fox

Hello All,

I'm looking for a little help. I'm an onsite controls engineer, we have had 2 new bits of kit installed, one with a comfort screen and one with an mp277 touch screen. Both of these screens are losing their passwords. I have redownloaded the program to them and the passwords work again for a period of time then again they lose them for no obvious reason. The Comfort screen is still working at present but the MP277 screen was only reprogrammed last week and one of them has gone already. They were originally programmed in TIA portal V12 by the installers - 2 different companies one for each screen, I have since reprogrammed in TIA portal V12 SP1, and as I say the MP277 has already lost its passwords. Any got any ideas on what could be causing this? Or even better any solutions? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Have the users disappeared, or have the passwords become invalid ?

I have never had the users disappear spontanously. However, I have had the passwords become invalid after too many wrong attempts to login. Be sure to set the number of login attempts to 0 (zero) in the WinCC user settings. Then the passwords will not become invalid no matter how many attempts.