Analog inputs on AB Micro810

scrapjockey

Mornin', I'm using an AB Micro 810 (QWB). I'm not able to get the plc to read the analog input (0-10v), the input is acting like a discreet input. Do I have to configure the input in CCW? If so, I can't locate where to do it in the software.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OK, so you have an "Analog device" that generates a 0-10v signal and you have it hooked up to the PLC like this.

The gnd or 0v is hooked up to input(com0) and the positive end would be hooked to input (I:00, I:01, I:02, I:03)

Now this is a 12 bit value so the raw read will be 4096.

Now in CCW are you sure you are working with the "Analog Input" address?
It will be "_IO_EM_AI_00" or _IO_EM_AI_01" and so forth.

Yes, that's how I'm set up. The device is wired to "_IO_EM_AI_00".
The input status shows an input when my device reaches aprox 6V, instead of scaling with the input.

I'm also assuming your analog device is "linear".

I would setup a rung with "Any to Real" function block, and then I would probably use a scaler with my min-input = to 0(zero) and my Max-input would be 4095)

My min-output and max-output would be what ever I'm trying to read "Temperature", "Pressure".

Don't know why your starting at 6 v unless it's a temperature sensor and that would probably be your room temp.

I would be happy to send you and example if your want one. I use a lot of 0-10v current sensors to measure the current on our 460v 3 phase motors.

I'm also assuming your analog device is "linear".

I would setup a rung with "Any to Real" function block, and then I would probably use a scaler with my min-input = to 0(zero) and my Max-input would be 4095)

My min-output and max-output would be what ever I'm trying to read "Temperature", "Pressure".

Don't know why your starting at 6 v unless it's a temperature sensor and that would probably be your room temp.

I would be happy to send you and example if your want one. I use a lot of 0-10v current sensors to measure the current on our 460v 3 phase motors.

I have done the same as this test all my AI (about twenty) on a recent project. Worked well. I could then check what my AI read and scale my HMI to read the same. Edit this was on an 850 model.

Last edited:
Problem solved. After further research, I moved the device to terminal I:04 and everything is responding as expected. I assumed AI_00 would correspond to terminal I:00 on the plc. Rookie mistake, lesson learned.

Thank you to all who responded.