S7-1200 Byte String to KepServer

dripdry

Hey my first thread! Hello everyone.

What I'm trying to do is get the string stored at DB1002,DBB0 in a S7-1200 PLC into KepServer.

As far as I have gotten with it, I can only get how long the string is. The only setting that works with that tag location are "byte" within KepServer, and it reads "8". I moved over to DB1002,DBB2, thinking that I would be inside the string, and it just has "57" stored there, which is a 9 on the ascii chart. I'm expecting the string of characters "16566" to be in this chunk. It's reading fine in WinCC - as a "Text tag 8-bit character set". I just need it in KepServer.

Any help is appreciated.

I don't know if I completely follow your issue.

But if you have a string in the PLC ( I am assuming a regular string not a Wstring, and it is the max size of 254, and datablock is NOT optimized) you just need to setup the 'Channel/Device' in Kepserver and point it at the first 'byte' of the string and define the data type as string.

After this you can view live data with the quick client.

If you have a string in the PLC of 10 characters in DB3011 starting at byte 0 (pointing at string header not the first character of the string), then you create a tag in Kepserver of data type 'String' and address DB3011,STRING0,10

PS Welcome to the forum!

JOLTRON, you saved my day. Thanks for responding! DB1002,STRING0,10 was exactly what I needed.

Also, I was getting 9 because of something often overlooked - operators entering garbage into a text field! they were entering all 9's. ;)