PLC SIMATIC S7 1200 / KOP/SCL question

jimix

HI i would like to know how to get a variable that will store the amount of times a program has been executed. The issue is I have 3 DBs for 1 FB and i need a total amount of times it was executed regardless of which DB is selected

You could directly reference a global tag or a tag in a global DB inside the FB. This is the simplest solution. Generally, this is a practice to be avoided, but makes sense here.
You could also pass a tag as an INOUT to all three instances of the FB. Technically more compliant with best practices, but it would be easier to make a mistake if you add more instances later.

You could directly reference a global tag or a tag in a global DB inside the FB. This is the simplest solution. Generally, this is a practice to be avoided, but makes sense here.
You could also pass a tag as an INOUT to all three instances of the FB. Technically more compliant with best practices, but it would be easier to make a mistake if you add more instances later.
Hi thanks for the quick reply, im intrigued how the INOUT tag would work, I just started making my way into the PLC world so please excuse my novice point of view.

Sorry for the late reply but as I was typing a reply I was experimenting with the INOUT tag and got it to work. Thank you very much!