WinCC 256kTags PC requirements

Kelkoon

Dear PLCers,

I'm planning a SCADA with Simatic WinCC that should collect information from a 120 PLCs that control the building automation (Heating, Cooling and lighting) of several large buildings.

I'm planning to use the 256k Tags license. Which are the PC requirements? The update cycle isn't very high 5-10 seconds would be enough.

I've found the standard requirements, but I've only tested them in small installations.

Best regards,
Kelkoon

Dear PLCers,

I'm planning a SCADA with Simatic WinCC that should collect information from a 120 PLCs that control the building automation (Heating, Cooling and lighting) of several large buildings.

I'm planning to use the 256k Tags license. Which are the PC requirements? The update cycle isn't very high 5-10 seconds would be enough.

I've found the standard requirements, but I've only tested them in small installations.

Best regards,
Kelkoon

I would imagine that would need to be pretty beefy. A server class operating system, at least. Normal windows has a limit in how many connections it can create. For something that big, I would assume you want a redundant server pair as well.