Siemens Drivers for CP

naturephoenix

Where I can download drivers for CP 343-1, and CP 1623

I need this cuz once I open project that has been done by someone else I can not compile since I got message Hardware update is missing. Once I go to hardware update inside Step 7, I c that
Hardware updates for these two CPs are incompattible

Which version and service pack of STEP 7 do you have installed? The latest is V5.5 + SP4.

If you have V5.5, download and install SP4.

What are the part numbers of your CP modules?

I had sp1, now I will install sp4 and hope that fix the problem.
Should I do HW update after installation of sp4?

Modules are:
CP 343-1 343-1ex30-0ex0

CP 1623 6GK 162 - 3aa00

It's not a bad idea, I always keep myself up to date.
Ty, looks like it worked, now i dont have any messages from step when opening project.

But can u clarify to me 1 thing:

Inside HW Updates some things says installed "yes"
and for some installed "supplied"

For example this CP 1623 is supplied. What does that mean? Am I safe to download hardware configuration to PLC, or I should find CD from CP 1623.

Let me explain, I got jobb where i need to add 1 DO and 1 DI.
But existing project has other modules CP...
Now i am a lil bit afraid of downloading hardware configuration. I know for counter modules that u can parametrize them only once u buy CD disk with counter module, so thats what i am afraid here too

"Supplied" means it was included with the STEP 7 installation (or Service Pack installation), and not from a downloaded hardware update. Siemens often includes newer module versions and new part numbers in their Service Pack installations.

A CP 1623 is a PCI Ethernet card for a computer. What PLC do you have? The reason why I'm asking, is that potentially you have a WinAC/RTX soft-PLC.

Last edited:
"Supplied" means it was included with the STEP 7 installation (or Service Pack installation), and not from a downloaded hardware update. Siemens often includes newer module versions and new part numbers in their Service Pack installations.

A CP 1623 is a PCI Ethernet card for a computer. What PLC do you have? The reason why I'm asking, is that potentially you have a WinAC/RTX soft-PLC.

Inside whole projects there many of PLCs, I would say 10 of them.
But my part is only for 1 PLC
S7-300 315 2 DP

But my PLC (part of project that i need to change ) has nuting with CP 1623. ( only for SCADA part this CP1623 is important)

Look: In old project Alarms in SCADA (Wincc) has been done with s7-pdiag.
Inside project there is PC Station with hardware configuration : WinCC and CP 1623.

If i want to show my new alarms to current scada I need to compile this PC Station and open SCADA project from STEP 7 so my new alarms will be automatically added to SCADA project. Since I didnt have software for cp1623 I couldnt do this.

Do u have any suggestions about this, I can give u more info

Are you doing your modifications on a separate engineering station, or on the production computer itself?

On the comptuer where is scada there is no Step / installed, so I need to do modification on my computer, save SCADA wincc project, put files instead of current SCada project, only save logs

Make sure you have a backup of the existing WinCC application, and a new backup project containing a complete upload of the PLC you are modifying. (from SIMATIC Manager, create a new project and use the menu PLC -> Upload Station to PG).

If you are not changing the PC Station hardware configuration, I wouldn't worry so much about transferring the modified WinCC application. As for the PLC, do a offline/online compare (include the System Data by checking the checkbox; this contains your compiled HW config) with your modified program, and download only the blocks that are different. If System Data is not in the list after the compare offline/online list, you don't have to download HW Config. If it is, you do.