Omron Zen Question

manny passes

Hi there,

wrote my first Omron Zen Smart Relay program yesterday. Had a question about using the internal counter C that I am displaying using the Display option D to display the count on the Zen's display. Am using it to count toggles and trigger an output. The counter D maxes out at four digits.

Is there an overflow bit that I can use to start a count up a second counter? What would that look like?

any direction would be great

thx! mp

timer toggle.JPG

It isn't totally clear as to what all exactly you wanted to do. It would help to know which model Smart Relay you are using. I just picked one to practice on. I added a reset for the counters and an output to show that the 2nd counter had finished. You may not need the output finished, I just wanted to see when the counting was done.

Last edited:
model #

hi - model number of the Smart Relay is ZEN-10C1DR-D-V2.

I am using C0 as a counter - counting the number of times that T0 toggles When I go to display C0 - I get 4 digits to display on the LCD screen for C0 via the D0 display.

my cycle time is .5 seconds - so I will overrun. Wanted to find out how I can link counters when they over run to the 5th bit.

Thx for the help

MP

I'm still not clear what you want. I really don't know if an overflow bit exists or not. There are many possibilities and scenarios depending on what you really want done. Are you trying to get 5 digits from a four digit counter? I don't see that happening. If you just need 8 digits then do as mendonsy says. The "F" counter is displayable but there is only one counter availabe in my version of the software. Another option is you could reset the first counter (C0) with itself at 9999 and add one to the 2nd (C1) counter to count the resets. You could also just stop the 1st counter (C0) by interrupting the input signal and use the 2nd counter (C1) to continue the count. You could also turn on an output and reset the counter at the same time to know that it overflowed once. By the way, did you study rung 5, 7, and 8 to see where I linked the 2 counters?

Last edited: