Moeller/Eaton XC-201

fflori

Hello,

I have about 10 Moeller XC201 PLC's and I was thinking to configure an Ethernet network between them all and a WinCC HMI, using the Codesys Gateway as OPC Server. The problem I am facing now is I'm just using two of them and after trying to change their IP address and doing a saveregistry in PLC Browser, one of them will retain the new IP address, but the other one just defaults to 192.168.119.200.
Am I missing anything? Any other steps required?

Thank you for your help,
Flori

Thanks for your answer, but the thread you mentioned does not help. I have already read it, and have done the same thing described there. The problem is: changing the IP address works ok for one of the PLCs, for the other, it doesn't. I use the exact same method and the PLCs are exactly the same type.

What about the firmware in the PLCs? Is that the same?
Does one PLC have a memory card and the other no card?
Have you tried Eaton/Moeller tech support?
You might also post at forum.codesys.com. They would have more experience with that PLC over there.

Same firmware. No memory card inserted. I did a factory reset to be able to change the ip address now everything works ok. I really hoped there was something else to be done.
Regardind the memory card, do you know what the limitations are? Do I need a special mmc? Or the plastic cap to be placed over the mmc? Can I use a regular 2Gb SD card? Does it need a special formatting? Mine if FAT, doesn't work. I can't see disk_mmc inserted in PLC Browser

Same firmware. No memory card inserted. I did a factory reset to be able to change the ip address now everything works ok. I really hoped there was something else to be done.
Regardind the memory card, do you know what the limitations are? Do I need a special mmc? Or the plastic cap to be placed over the mmc? Can I use a regular 2Gb SD card? Does it need a special formatting? Mine if FAT, doesn't work. I can't see disk_mmc inserted in PLC Browser

According to the manual the card should be formatted FAT16. Is your card formatted FAT32?

Also, these things were designed when the max card size was about 512M. I'm not sure they can handle the 2GB size?...

I shrinked my SD card to 32Mb formatted FAT, Win7 doesn't really say what FAT system, it's not FAT32, it's FAT(default), hopefully FAT16. Still, after inserting the card into the PLC I can't see disk_mmc in PLC Browser.

Just one more question. If I read from the PLC : DEFAULT.PRG and DEFAULT.CHK could I use them as a backup project and write them back to the PLC afterwards? I understand these files cannot be interpreted. Could I restore a project like this?

If you use the download source to PLC option there will be a source.dat file that can be used to re-create the project including all of the libraries used as long as you can tell it what hardware you were using.

Always create a boot project. Always download source before disconnecting.

Always create a boot project. Always download source before disconnecting.

I would. If only others would have too...
I'm trying to do some changes on a project someone else started and didn't download the sourcecode. The project I have is definitely not the one in the PLC since it doesn't build. Even after correcting the errors I can't be sure it's the same.

L.E. Managed to use DEFAULT.PRG and DEFAULT.CHK as backup or as copy on different CPU.
For anyone interested:
-Read File From PLC from the Online menu : DEFAULT.PRG and DEFAULT.CHK
-Copy Files back to CPU by means of ftp. (Write File to PLC renames DEFAULT.PRG to DEFAULT.BAK automatically; filerename does not help)
-REBOOT
For the IP chinging issue:
IP can be set by copying the XC STARTUP.INI file and editing the IP config and then writing it back to CPU.
REBOOT

I would. If only others would have too...
I'm trying to do some changes on a project someone else started and didn't download the sourcecode. The project I have is definitely not the one in the PLC since it doesn't build. Even after correcting the errors I can't be sure it's the same.

Also figured out how to test if the corrected project is ok. I'll use a different CPU and insert it in place of the running one. Sure hope nothing crashes.