Siemens IM151-8 Prosoft PLX32-EIP-SIE

awnet

Hi All,
I have 2 PLC on the plant one is a CPU Siemens IM151-8 the other is an AB CompactLogix. Do you know if is it possible to connect by a Prosoft PLX32-EIP-SIE by ETHERNET? đź“š

Thank you very much.

Bye

Hi All,
I have 2 PLC on the plant one is a CPU Siemens IM151-8 the other is an AB CompactLogix. Do you know if is it possible to connect by a Prosoft PLX32-EIP-SIE by ETHERNET? đź“š

Thank you very much.

Bye

It looks like it, although I've never used the device. The M151-8 is part of the S7300 CPU family, which the device claims to support.

I don't know how it would interact, but on the Siemens side, it looks like it accesses the memory directly, like an HMI or an OPC server. It doesn't support Profinet, or appear as IO. This may mean that it only supports slower communications (100ms or more between updates).

How fast do you need the communications to respond?