Sew movitools software info

stu

Hi guys
I have 2 machines with sew hmi, 4 movidrive units connected via Ethernet and I have seen that we don't have any back ups if they fail, what I'm after is info on how to upload , I have downloaded the movitools off sew website , is it as simple as plugging in to the ethernet and scanning the network and then uploading Thanks stu

It is very simple:

- open a new project
- change the network to ethernet (serial by default)
- scan the network
- go on the movidrive you want and click to the parameters gestion
- upload it to your PC : you have the file with all the parameters of the movidrive

You may also want want to upload and save Movidrive applications (if it SEW bult in use positionning or synch)

It doesn't matter as long as you are one the same subnet.

If your PC is 192.168.1.xxx with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, and you set MoviTools up to scan the same way, then it will find any SEW devices from 192.168.1.0 through to 192.168.1.254.

If you have drives on other subnets (e.g. with a router), then you will need to manually add those to the scan list.

Hi thanks for that , I am just playing with it now , I have just done what iner said , I have a tree on one side with the drive but if I click on the drive offline I can't see any data in the boxes in the setup pages ?
Also I can't get the screens off the hmi ??

It's been a while since I played with MoviTools studio, speaking from memory any further I'm likely to lead you astray. Can you post a couple of screenshots of the issue? Might help jog my memory and be a little more useful :)

I also have tried to upload the screen via HMI BUILDER
and where it say upload database it saves in into a folder on the c: and I cant see it in the opened project ? any ideas thanks stu

SEW SCREEN UPLOAD.jpg

Hmm...the HMI I can't help you with I'm afraid - I've not used an SEW HMI, only their drives.

I'm not completely sure, but I'd be looking around the "Data Management" or "Manage Parameter Set" tabs to start with. Each SEW drive has different options, and I don't believe I've seen exactly that one before so I'm not completely sure. Sorry!