Dot Matrix Printer Machine for Industrial Application

ckchew666

Hi,

Currently my company is working on a project which involve printing machine. Whoever is in this field do PM me to work out a quotation on this.

Basically there is this dot matrix printer head, which is using ribbon ink for printing, but our customer wanted to change the existing dot matrix printer head because it's faulty (can't repair locally and it's obsolete), currently they are using the spare printer head for printing. They wanted to change into a new system before this one goes down as well.

The machine is use to print 12 column, each colums containts of 15-20 characters (batch number, manufacturer date) on a drum of paper with the width of A4 paper (or slightly wider).

Currently this printer is working based on the input from the sensor, when to start & stop printing. The batch number & manufacturer date will be entered manually for each batch, thus the new printer head must be able to communicate with a PC so that the operators can key in the batch number to be printed out.

I've some sample of the paper used by the customer, being told that inkjet will not work with this paper as it's kind of like specially coated paper. The prints on the paper must not fade after certain period (min 3 yrs).

The paper spec:

- PS51, combination in g/m (square) : 60/9
- heat sealable, breathable coated paper
- sterile packahe for various medical products, suitable for sterilisation by Ethylene Oxide and gamma radiation

I can give some sample of the paper for testing purpose.

I'm involve in PLC, thus no idea on printing machine.

The site is located in P.Pinang, Malaysia.

Whoever interested to qoute for the integration of the print head & software can PM or email ([email protected]) me for further information.

Thanks.

Note: Sample of the printing

4I16258 4I16258 4I16258 4I16258 4I16258 4I16258 4I16258 4I16258 .....
09-09 01 09-09 02 09-09 03 09-09 04 09-09 05 09-09 06 09-09 07 09-09 08 ......

4 = year
I16258 = batch number
09-09 = date
01, 02, 03...= item number (from 01 until 12)

Appreciate if someone from Malaysia or any branches in Malaysia that has experience involve in this field.

There is a lot of inkjet and wax based industrial printers available.
Videojet, Image, Domino, Markem etc are some of them.

But, the difference between those industrial printers and yours is the capital investment and running cost. Your system cost maybe 5 - 10%. of any of the above.

So decide what you want to do. If you plan to stick to your current, hunt at old PC shops for the necessary hardwares. I have seen stacks of dot matrix printers (may be secondhand) at Sim Lim Square, Singapore.

Good Luck

chavak said:
There is a lot of inkjet and wax based industrial printers available.
Videojet, Image, Domino, Markem etc are some of them.

But, the difference between those industrial printers and yours is the capital investment and running cost. Your system cost maybe 5 - 10%. of any of the above.

So decide what you want to do. If you plan to stick to your current, hunt at old PC shops for the necessary hardwares. I have seen stacks of dot matrix printers (may be secondhand) at Sim Lim Square, Singapore.

Good Luck

Thx man, this really helps me a lot. Now contacting with them :)