need help on doin my project

This is a student project, yes?

You would like one of us to do your project for you? For free!!!

We earn our living doing this stuff, what makes you think one of us will do your project for you?

If you make a start on the project then find that you get stuck or it don't work the way you envisaged, you will get some help.

But do the whole project for you... You're 'aving a laugh!

Paul

jaleel gaffar,

Exactly what kind of help are you looking for? Ken was referring to threads which ofered suggestions about systems to automate using a PLC.

Your most recent response sounds like you're looking for a completed project that you can copy and turn in to your instructor as if it were your own work. I hope that's not what you're looking for, because there are a number of unflattering names for that practice and for the people who engage in it.

You could use a PLC to turn on your coffee maker a half hour before you get out of bed in the morning. You could use one to set the thermostat in your apartment at different levels depending on the time of day and whether or not anyone is present in the room. Use it turn out the lights when somebody leaves the room. Just about anything that is controlled by electrical devices can be automated with a PLC.

Wht knd o prjt do u wnt, try gvng mo info. Complete sentences would be nice as well. If you are looking for a nice project to turn in for class as your own you wont find it here. If you are working on something post what your needs are and what you have/want to work with, and you will get help. Even if you are just stuck on your homework help will usually be given if you show you are putting forth a valiant effort on your own.

(Sounds like I'm talking to my kids)

Hey, I've got one.....You could use a Logix 5555 to control six very large cutting heads and turn 1,000 logs an hour into 2"x4"s...........no,....no,.....that's already been done.

Eric :D

Last edited:
You could start by automating a garage door.

UP / DOWN / with all the safety schemes.

Then after that you'll be able to move to more serious stuff like traffic lights.

Jaleel,

just say what you mean. This thread seems to me not about
need help on doin my project
but more as need somebody doin my project for me .

That's something you won't find here. If you were a student of mine you would be out of class before you could even finish such a question. And you wouldn't come in again until you would have shown to be prepared to WORK.

Best Learning Experience

When I was learning PLC's, I had a supervisor, who every time I asked him a question, he would ask me, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE SO FAR"? I had better be able to show him the amount of effort I put in was worthy of him answering my question. If it was I would get an answer. If it wasn't, I would get a dumb look. Guess what you're are getting.

I just did a nice little project kinda as a joke but I left it as is. My brother in law has his own business moving and setting up mobile homes. I help out from time to time and always have trouble finding a screwdriver. I bought him a set with a holder and installed this in his toolbox (on the utility bed) I then ran small prox sensors to see the tips of each screwdriver. Had a spare Mitsu FX series laying around so now his truck will not start unless all screwdrivers are present. I use the plc to interupt the start signal only, once running it has no control. (didnt want it to shut off just cause a sensor failed). I also added a switch to bypass everything if he wanted.
I know, I have way to much damn time on my hands.

Bob

bob1371 said:
I know, I have way to much damn time on my hands.

Ya think?... :D

Actually, that's a great idea. We've been asked to do something similar on equipment. Use sensors to detect that changeover tooling is placed back in its storage location. It DOES help prevent 'misplacing' the tooling between runs!... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric