InTouch is Displaying Modbus Tag Values even with No Communication!

AsimElfaki

Hi Folks,

I'm using DASMBTCP data access server for InTouch HMI to communicate with FloBoss S600+ Flow Computer using Suitelink. When I'm testing the communication, if there is a communication loss or I unplug the Ethernet Cable, the InTouch screens are still showing the last available data! (I expected the values to disappear, turns to zeros or xxxx!).

Can someone help with this as how can I configure the InTouch so that it won't display values when the communication is lost?

Also, how can I force InTouch to try & re-establish the communication when it's lost. Because I need to do that manually by restarting the DASMBTCP service?

Thanks Folks

As far as I know there is no way to make the values change from last known value. However you could add some logic to detect failure and use that tag to animate the values and make them turn red or display zero etc. If you need that feature out the box then I'd consider upgrading to System Platform.

There should be a "connection retry" option for DASMBTCP. Setting to -1 and then adding a retry delay should set the ioserver to retry indefinitely.

As far as I know there is no way to make the values change from last known value. However you could add some logic to detect failure and use that tag to animate the values and make them turn red or display zero etc. If you need that feature out the box then I'd consider upgrading to System Platform.

There should be a "connection retry" option for DASMBTCP. Setting to -1 and then adding a retry delay should set the ioserver to retry indefinitely.
Thanks a lot Saffa for your prompt response.

Would you please help me finding the "Connection Retry" option. Tried to search on SMC left & Right but couldn't find it.

Cheers