Tags connection between panelview standar and compact logix

If you have a PanelView Standard terminal, it's easy to get confused by modern advice about PanelView Plus or PanelView Component terminals.

On this Forum, we suggest strongly that novice PanelView users provide the full part number of their terminal, so that we can tell exactly what functions and features it supports.

The PanelView Standard terminals generally do support ControlLogix and CompactLogix, both by using SLC/PLC data mapping and by using native ControlLogix tag addressing. The Ethernet models can even provide an I/O Adapter object for very fast pushbutton performance.

Because the PanelView Standard preceded the ControlLogix, support for all the ControlLogix tag data types was introduced gradually. The firmware revision of the PV Standard terminal may be important.

If you have TechConnect, a very good program example is in RA Knowledgebase Article 20512.

Otherwise, I'd say start with the Quick Start guide for PanelBuilder 32:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qs/2711-qs003_-en-p.pdf