Switching from LogixPro to DirectSoft5

Is this a student exercise or a real world (work related) need? Either way, please zip, upload, and attach the .rsl file here to a post. The jpg images are a bit small and to test what you are doing, it would just be better. I'm sure I or someone else will provide you with the answers or necessary hints to get you going.

All the instructions have equivalents in the various CPUs programmable using Directsoft. It appears that the Count Up and Count down instructions apply to the same counter. A single Up.Down counter would be used instead.

It was a school project to create it for LogixPro, and I have been using DirectSoft so I was just wondering. Im not sure how to add anymore pictures or files....

Here is a close to right project. I didn't put in a flasher for the yellow because I couldn't remember the SP instruction number and didn't want to build rungs for alternating timers. I also didn't have a manual for the UDC so hopefully I got the up, down, and reset inputs correct. Maybe bernie_carlton will see this and add to it.

@ bernie_carlton,
Thanks.

To make the yellow light flash on and off in .5 second intervals, just add a N.O. contact SP4 into rung 4 between the Less than instruction and the output coil instruction.

Last edited:
Ok, so I am having troubles for some reason. I created what I was supposed to and I have been trying it. The counter works, but I am not able to get the at all when they need to. What am I doing wrong?

PLC ladder draft.jpg

Ok, so I have everything wired and working. Im quite fascinated. Anyway, I am having one issue. I am not sure where to wire up the moisture sensor. It will connect to the PLC yes, but where does the other end connect to?

Your 'moisture sensor' question is unclear. The obvious answer with a moisture sensor wired to a PLC, one end is the PLC and the other end is the sensor. You will place the sensor in the place where unwanted or hazardous moisture would collect.

You may have to clarify your question.

Sorry, I guess I'm a little confused on how to hook up the sensor. Are you saying that there is only one end that connects to anything? Just to the PLC?

Do you have a particular sensor chosen? If so please post its diagram.

Do you know why you are using a moisture sensor? Was it just presented as a requirement without any description of its purpose?

I figured it out. I didn't have power going to the section of the PLC. I had to jump it. The sensor is for when it "rains" thee red light will come on indicating that the parking garage is closed though. I have it all working now thanks again!