High speed 150V DC Switching source to control piezoelectric motor

PreLC

Does anyone have any experience with working on piezoelectric motor control? I want to use off the shelf components to hopefully change the motor's oscillation frequency in real time.

Why not use a DC drive, you can adjust the output voltage to what you
A 250VDC SCR drive will work for that, just adjust the output voltage for the 150VDC you want. You want to consider putting a capacitor on the output to smooth out the wave form

How much current ?

I am actually unsure how to find out the current. In the datasheet for the actuator, it only lists a capacitance. Maybe I'll have to use a resistor in series to complete the circuit? I'm assuming really low currents(Few mA).

I did some basic mechanical power to electrical power equivalence calculations also, seems like for 20-100 Hz, I will need 8-50mA. Maybe a factor of safety is needed too?

What is the switching frequency ?

I require about 20-100 Hz for my process to execute.

Why not use a DC drive, you can adjust the output voltage to what you
A 250VDC SCR drive will work for that, just adjust the output voltage for the 150VDC you want. You want to consider putting a capacitor on the output to smooth out the wave form

I'll be honest, I've only used AC SCRs(Control Concept's Microfusion to be precise).
The AC SCR's required external AC Source voltage. How does it work for DC SCRs? Do you know any that will run with EIP/EtherCAT?

I would contact these people

AC Drives, DC Drives, Motors & Control Technology | Bardac Drives

they may have something you can use

As for SCR’s they have been the heart of DC drives for well over 30 years
some AC drives use them as well
you should do a little hoe work on how SCR’s and other common components are used and actually work

20 to 100 Hz falls right in the range for a standard AC Drive
Most AC Drives will support over 300 Hz output
We may be able to help you more if we had more information on the application