E3 plus relay-output faulty

edwardeduful

Hello Guys,

Please we have been operating an E3 plus relay through a local operating panel, where we start our motors from local start/stop station.
There was a power outage and after it has been restored the E3 plus relay is not starting the motor again.
If you press the start button, the input comes in alright but the output to energise the contactor is not coming on.
Please your advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Is your E3 connected to a network, or is it stand-alone? If connected to a network, you should be able to read the error code to see what is presenting it from starting the motor. If not, you can determine most of the possible faults by looking at the LEDs on the front.

But first... Did you try resetting it? Some types of trips will not automatically reset, you must manually reset it.

E3 plus relay

Hello Jraef,

Please the relay although it is on device-net, its being controlled locally with start/stop buttons.
The start button is wired ti input 2 and the ouput A enerigises the contactor.
If you press the start button, the input 2 becomes active, but the output A does not close for the contactor to close.

You need to Give us more detail of what you see like
PLC and brand ?
output connects to ?
Stop button connects to ?
is the stop button stuck in or even latched in
Is there an E stop pushed in
And so on

Check to see how the input turns on the output. This could be done through devicelogix in the E3. In this case the E3 doesn't depend on the devicenet working. Another way it could be set up is the PLC could have logic that reads the input and turns on the output. In this case the devicenet must work for the PLC to read the input and write the output.