Convert FTView 8 SE display to VTView 7 SE

zacslade

Hi all,

I'm working on a FactoryTalk View SE Local Station project with a client who didn't let us know what version of FTView they had in a timely manner.

In order to meet our deadlines, we went with the best info available. One of our guys thought he remembered that their SCADA was version 8. So, We made several displays in version 8. Then, after a lot of development time, the client returned our email, saying "we have version 7".

Is there any way to transfer version 8 displays into a version 7 project?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Regarding to displays, you can export/import them to xml files (right click on Graphics folder). And the HMI tags can be exported as well (Tools -> Tag Import and Export Wizard).

I agree on exporting displays as XML then trying to import into the v7 project. Next, time... just develop in the earlier version, then if they change to a higher rev it's basically a mouse click.

You can export and import, but there are things in the v8 xml that will need to be removed because they are not defined in the v7 schema. I had to do it recently - basically, I just kept doing lots of find and replace (e.g. finding the invalid parameter and replace with nothing) until I stopped getting errors about them. Painful, but doable.