GX Developer Lock Up on Upload

godcixelsyd

Hi all, I am working with GX Developer on Windows 7 64 bit. Many times while uploading the program (specifically the program, I can upload comments or parameters without issues) it will get to a random percentage and stop. I then have to force the program closed, and each time I open it thereafter I receive "Error Cannot allocate Share memory". Has anyone else experienced the same or similar issues?

Something is probably corrupt in your installation. I have had the share memory fault before and a reboot of the laptop cures it.
But it will not harm to re-install the software

(oh and make sure you run GX as admin)

I've had the Share memory fault up several times.

I've given up using GX developer 7.04 in windows 7, and now I just use it on my XP laptop, which seems to run it much better.

a lot of my problems have been after doing online changes, save the program, backup and close. Then when I open it again I get uncompiled POU's and code that wont verify as the generation times differ. As above - all problems with the version running in Windows 7, I can use it in XP with no problems at all.

I'm not sure what my problem is because I know others using V7.04 in windows 7.

Andy

I've found it's best to install GX Devloper on Windows 7 by first turning off ALL the startup tasks.

Run "msconfig.exe"

On the startup tab, uncheck everything!

Reboot, install GX Developer.

Run "msconfig.exe"

On the startup tab, check everthing!

Reboot.

I tried the reinstall and it didn't seem to change things much. Poking around a bit though I decided to order a new USB to 232 adapter and it seems to be doing much better now. I can suggest trying that to anyone having similar issues.