Series 90-30

Doobs

Hi all.

Thanks for taking time to read my post.

Its a quick one. I very rarely have to deal with any PLC programming or modifying.
Occasionally i do have to gain access for fault diagnosis. Most of the time i have been lucky and have had an AB slc5/01 (i have the leads and software for these) However i have come across a 90-30, stuck.

I do have a copy of the program that has been left in the panel but cant do anything with it.

Is there such a tool to just look at the ladder? All i need to find out is what drives a certain output.

Or am i going to have to go down the line of purchasing the lead and software to do this.

Does LM90 exist anywhere?

Thanks again for your time.

If your copy of the program is on a disk, zip up a copy of the files in the program subdirectory and post it here. I have Logicmaster and I will make a .txt file copy for you.

I don't think GE makes Logicmaster available on their support site. It has been obsolete for at least twenty years. Furthermore, even if you can find a copy of it, you'll need an older OS to run it on and a PC with a real serial port. I expect you will have problems establishing a connection through a USB/serial converter. Unless you're very good at running old DOS-based software on new PCs and operating systems, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration by finding someone local with experience with GE to help you.

I would agree finding someone who is already 'geared up' is the best answer for you. You could buy software and leads but that would probably cost you as much as getting the "expert" in to do it for you

Thanks Steven ZIP sent.

Also thanks for your reply CJD1965!

To be honest its an area i have always been interested in. Unfortunately i can only inherit old equipment when it gets replaced.

Thanks again Guys!