RedLion data transfer

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I am trying to transfer data from an internal tag in Crimson to a tag that can be read by my PLC. I am able to do to it creating a program and then an action button that does the transfer however, I need it to run all the time, making one tag equal the other, for the PLC to read. The only way I am able to do it so far is, like I said, using a push button to transfer. Any ideas?
Thank you

One way is to write the transfer as a script under "On Tick".
You can find "On Tick" under Pages->Global-> Global Acions

This is what gateway blocks are for. In the Communications area of Crimson, under your PLC driver, add a new gateway block. You'll have to specify the PLC address and block size (probably 1 if you're just transferring one thing). Set the direction to "G3 to Device" and drag your internal tag over to the block. I think this is explained much better in the Crimson manual. Basically the block will transfer data whenever it sees a change in your internal tag, no programming necessary.

This is what gateway blocks are for. In the Communications area of Crimson, under your PLC driver, add a new gateway block. You'll have to specify the PLC address and block size (probably 1 if you're just transferring one thing). Set the direction to "G3 to Device" and drag your internal tag over to the block. I think this is explained much better in the Crimson manual. Basically the block will transfer data whenever it sees a change in your internal tag, no programming necessary.

Thank you! Although I still don't have the tags transferring data yet, I think this has put me on the right path. :)

Perfect! It is working now. This is exactly what I needed. Thank you.:geek: