Devicenet MCC question

arocon

I am newbie devicenet, MCC.
I am trying to understand motor running from PLC through devicenet to the MCC . Motor Logic plus II (Square D, Schneider electric) are used.
PLC are sending bit to start. I have not understand what address in Motor logic Plus are used to get that start bit. How are address mapped between Motor Logic Plus II and PLC.
Your reply will great help.

These are general ideas taken from my experience with Rockwell DeviceNet devices:

a) A DeviceNet slave has an internal table of input/output words. Those words can represent parameters inside the device, or can be command or status words and then each bit has a different function.

b) A DeviceNet scanner has 2 internal tables (inputs & outputs) and you have to populate them with the words and bits you need from each slave. Then the PLC reads/writes the scanner's tables when your logic needs to recieve the status from or send commands to the slaves.

So you need to identify the scanner on you network (maybe a module in the PLC chassis) and use the appropriate software to see how the network was configured and how the words were assigned in the input & output tables.