MicroLogix 1100 as remote

gustavo_dias

My client has a MicroLogix 1100 with 4 expansion modules and want to expand more their system. I'm studying some solutions like change the 1100 cpu by 1400, or use another 1100 CPU like remote.
Could I use a MicroLogix 1100 as remote?

You can easily set up the Micrologix to send/receive information via Ethernet. But you would need to use the MSG instruction (on one end) and map the data to files yourself. You won't be able to treat it like a Remote IO in the IO Config in something like a Control or Compact Logix system.

Switching to a ML1400 from a ML1100 is relatively painless since the 1100 and 1400 use the same programming software and hardware IO, and with a quick processor change, can use the same program with no logic or syntax changes.