Allen Bradley Kinetix5500 STO control by Omron safety controller

cocoroco89

Hello,

I have an inquiry about controlling Servo drive STO(Safety Torque Off) by following components.

-. SERVO DRIVE: 2198-H040-ERS2
-. PLC Controller: 1769-L33ERM
-. Safety Controller: G9SP-N20S

Would it be possible to control STO with the components above?

As far as I know, it won't work. The alternatives would be:

1) Hard-wired STO.
2198-H040-ERS
1769-L33ERM
G9SP-N20S

2) GuardLogix
2198-H040-ERS2
1769-L3xERMS

Hard-wired STO can generally be switched by any safety controller or safety relay.

It is just a set of monitored safety inputs on the drive.

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

P.S. Jeev... Viscount?

Thanks to all.
I got the answer from RA that the component list I mentioned wouldn`t work. ERS2 servo drives require integrated safety controller that can issue STO command over Ethernet. It is shame that ERS2 blanked STO terminal block. It would have been so much more flexible to either cases of hardwired STO or STO over Ethernet.